Monday 6 February 2012

New hats

We had a cold snap at the end of January, so I decided to knit the girls new hats to match their red winter coats. As soon as I'd finished, the cold snap ended, and now we're enjoying a beautiful February.  But, February is February and it is followed by equally chilly March, so they'll still likely see some use. 

Both hats are knit from Spud & Chloe's superwash wool/silk blend (following Mandie Harrington's Swirl Hat pattern with a few modifications.


I added flowers with button centres to the smaller of the two and beads to the bigger one--the sparklier the better.  They can be thrown in the washing machine with no worries, and the  smaller one would be fine in the dryer as well, but I'm not entirely sure about the (sparkly!!) beads on the other one.  I can just see all 250 of them melting and turning the hat into a ball of red sludge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment