Thursday 2 March 2017

February wardrobe addition

I actually made this shirt last month, but then I forgot to record it

I signed up for the Craftsy class "Easy Fitting the Palmer/Pletsch Way: Shirts & Tops" taught by Pati Palmer and Melissa Watson, and this shirt was the result.



The pattern is M6750, and I chose view B, the 3/4 length sleeve option.  I omitted one of the front darts because I prefer a less fitted garment.


 
The class was excellent, and the pattern instructions were very clear.  I'm mostly happy with the fit, although I find that the back neck is just a bit too high.  If I were to make it again, I would remove about 1/2 an inch.  That's not likely to happen though, because I'm not really a big fan of button front shirts.  I wanted to learn how to do this just for the sake of it, and I'll wear it, and I don't really need two of them.  But, I have no doubt that I'll use what I learned in this class many times over.  I'd highly recommend it.


No comments:

Post a Comment