Friday 4 January 2013

Quarter 4 finish-along--not too shabby

I could have done far worse.  Of course, I could also have done better, but let's not go there.

Of the 5 projects on my 4th quarter goal list,  I managed to finish 3.  Better than half. 

I hate to admit it, but I don't think that I stitched a single stitch on the dresden plate.   At this rate, it's going to take me another 30 years to finish it.  I really need to focus on this one. I've made some very small progress on  Sheila's Mystery Quilt, but the top isn't yet finished.  Almost, but not quite.  And I have no idea at all about how to quilt this one.  No point in posting a picture of either of these. 


On the other hand, I got the time sensitive ones done, and that's what counts. 

I finished the two quilts for the girls in time to wrap them up as Christmas presents. 
I didn't expect them to elicit the same excited reaction as their new toys, but I was wrong.  They loved them and immediately started looking for the matching squares. The blocks with their initials were a big hit.

And the Christmas lap quilt really did add to the atmosphere.  Folded in half, it was just the right size for the back of a not very festive brown leather chair sitting in a dark corner. Dark enough that the photos don't look particularly wonderful.  This outdoor shot will have to do.

Fast, easy, and effective.  That's my kind of quilt. 

So, now, I'm going to link this up to Quilter in the Gap's Q4 FAL link up.   With 3 finishes in 3 months, it's my most productive quarter yet.  Thank you, Rhonda, for a very motivating 2012.



2012 Finish-A-Long

No comments:

Post a Comment