Saturday 19 January 2013

Some progress on the Mystery Quilt

I think that I've done enough foundation piecing to have overcome my mental barriers.  The final foundation pieced star is the Lone Starburst (tutorial here).  I love this block, and I'd like to make an entire quilt from it, but I doubt that will happen.



Since I was also trying to resurrect some long-dormant quilting skills, I decided to spend a bit of time on geese.  Here I did two blocks.

The Ribbon Star block  (tutorial here)...


and the You Are Here block (pattern here)...



Then, since I hadn't included any English paper piecing (not for lack of trying), I thought I'd squeeze in this circle of six-pointed stars that I adapted from an All People Quilt table runner pattern. 
I'm glad that I did this one.  I can see a hexagon quilt in my future. 



Now, I just have to decide whether this is sufficient or if I've totally screwed up the proportions and need to make more to balance it out.  The process is much like sawing bit of chair legs off to level them, but in reverse. 





No comments:

Post a Comment