Monday 14 July 2014

Third Quarter Goals



Well this is going to be short and sweet.  Since I did so abysmally last quarter, I'm just going to bring a couple of things forward from that list. 

First, I haven't made any headway on the cushion covers.  None at all.  So the daybed still looks like this.


If I can manage to finish just one this quarter, I'll count that as a win.  Two would be a miracle.

And, these little toppers are still in progress.  I've gone from this



to this


It would be nice to finish them for the fall.  All I have to do is block the pieces, sew them together, and knit the sleeve and collar bands. 

That's what I call a pretty minimalist list.  Too minimalist, perhaps, but of course, there are some non-list items to consider.  I want to make another summery tunic while it's still warm enough to wear it.  And Kid's Clothes Week is coming up on 21 July.  I can't justify adding either of these to my fal list, though, because I haven't actually started.  I haven't yet pulled  the fabrics or even the patterns.  Well, I'll definitely be making some Monkey Bar Skirts ( really cute little pattern by crafterhours) and a couple of summery dresses for the girls during KCW, but that's as far as I've got in the planning stage.  This is in contrast to the cushion covers since I consider purchasing the forms and selecting fabrics, patterns, and techniques as having started.    A subtle difference, I know, but it's one I can live with. 

Linking to Katy at 
Finish Along 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment