Okay, it's a lame title, but I'm sticking with it. It somehow seems fitting since my first finish of 2015 is a swim suit. Yes, I finished Elyse's much needed swim suit, and it actually fits her and looks very nice on her. Even in bad lighting.
As I mentioned in my FAL first quarter goal list, this was a challenging project, but I'm so glad that I did it. One of the main things I learned while making the suit is not to overlook the value of hand-stitching/basting. For example, trying to stitch those tiny cups together was an exercise in futility until I decided to treat them like a bit of English paper piecing. Then it took about 90 seconds.
Since this was my first attempt at sewing this type of fabric, I only made one change to the pattern, and that was to fully line the bottoms since light-coloured fabrics have a tendency to become transparent when wet.
And, now that I've made one project with this super stretchy, slippery fabric, I won't be afraid to tackle another. Maybe even one for myself, though I won't be modelling it for any pictures.