Saturday 11 October 2014

Quarter 4 FAL goals

Goals might not be quite the right word here.  Wish list might be more appropriate considering that I'm engaging in a fair bit of wishful thinking.

My priority this quarter is a quilt that I'm making for my mother for Christmas.  Any quilt design would look good made with this gorgeous Butterscotch & Roses fabric (Fig Tree Quilts), but I really like this Garden Fence block.  It's been on my to-make list for a while now, and the fabric has certainly had a chance to "mature".  I just couldn't bring myself to cut into it before now, but since I needed something really special for my mom, it was time.



I started this one --The Christmas star quilt (Oh My Stars! designed by Sheila at Thought and Found.)-- over a year ago, and even included it on my Quarter 4 list last year.  It's at exactly the same stage this year as it was last October, which is the same point as it was in July of 2013 when I added it to the Quarter 3 list.  Still, unless I chuck it in the bin, there's always hope.  And Christmas comes every year (actually, it seems to come around much more quickly than that), so there's always another opportunity.




Then,  my friend and neighbour brought me this gorgeous fabric back from her trip to Hawaii.  I'm thinking flying geese.  They'll have to go on a Kona Snow background because they'll be snow geese--very appropriate considering how many Canadian snow birds fly away to warmer climes ones the snow starts to fly.  I'm going to test out my new Bloc-Loc template on this.  The fabric is a bit slippery, so I'm hoping that it helps keep things under control.

So, that's three quilts by the end of the year.  Certainly doable, if you don't consider that I've only finished one since January. 

Of course, I still haven't managed to make a cover for even one of these cushions.  Maybe this time.  I live in hope.

Linking up to Katy.

Finish Along 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment