Sunday 15 April 2012

My Precious QAL

This must be my week for joining things.  I've just signed up for Kelly's My Precious Quilt Along
We're supposed to cut into fabric that we've been hoarding because it's too precious to cut into. 

That would definitely describe my lovely bit of Patty Young's hummingbird Flora and Fauna. 
I don't have a lot of it, but I know exactly what I want to do with it--I need a cover for my ereader.  The problem is that I'm pretty sure it has some kind of force field around it that prevents me from cutting into it. 

The second project will be a quilt top that uses my yellow and brown Lily & Will jelly roll.  This is the fabric that I think about at night when I can't sleep.  I have no idea what pattern I'm going to use--that's part of the problem--I just know that I have to get it cut and pieced so that I can sleep again.  It will also be nice to have a sunny yellow quilt to help me get through another long grey winter.

So that's the plan.  Let's see if the extrinsic motivation helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment