Friday, 18 May 2012

A finish!

I've finally finished my Stained quilt that I made as part of Sarah's quilt-along.  And I'm absolutely delighted.  Here's a picture of it over the railing. This one has the best colour.  I've found it really difficult to capture the vibrancy of the yellow.  It either fades to cream, or else can't be distinguished from the ochre squares. Mind you, now the jade and turquoise look alike, which is far from the case when you see the real thing.

Now, here's one of it on the lawn.  Show's how small my patch of grass is. The uneven colour is actually dappled shade from an oak tree.

And finally, a hike up the rise to take a quilt over rustic bench shot.  More dappled shade. 

The quilting is invisible, being black on black.  I tried quilting in the coloured sections, but I really preferred  the clean look of the unquilted squares, so I took it out.

And, as if finishing the quilt weren't enough, as a bonus, this will count toward the 2nd quarter finish-a-long.  Yayy!!  One down.

No comments:

Post a Comment