Monday, 28 May 2012

Small project sew along progress...or lack thereof

This hasn't exactly been my most productive week--wait--make that two weeks! 

I did manage to complete one of the projects that was on my small projects sew along list.  A coaster for my night table so that I don't thunk down my water glass in the middle of the night and wake up my husband.  This is much prettier than what I was using, and it's completely thunkless.

I made it from some of the Stained leftovers.  At least, that was the plan.  There are at least 3 colours in there that had to be cut from fresh fabric to get the colours to move the way I wanted them.  Not exactly eating up the scrap pile.

As for the other supposedly realistic project--a cover for my e-reader made from the green flora and fauna hummingbird fabric--I'm not sure that's ever going to happen.  I just can't bring myself to cut into it.  If I really want that cover--and I do--I think that I'd better pick another fabric that isn't quite so scissor resistant.

Then there were the three unrealistic items on the list:  2 sundresses for the girls, and a Tova tunic for moi.  I haven't done a thing there.  Strictly speaking, that's not true.  I did buy the fabric.  And the patterns.  And since these weren't realistic small project goals in the first place, I'm not going to feel too terrible about not getting them done.  On the other hand, summer isn't that long, and if I want the girls to actually be able to wear their sundresses, I should probably get the lead out.

No comments:

Post a Comment