Tuesday 13 January 2015

First quarter goals for a new year

To say that my accomplishments in 2014 were less than stellar would be an understatement.  Two quilts, a bit of sewing and knitting for the girls and even less for myself.  (On the upside, I listened to a remarkable number of audiobooks, so the year wasn't a total write-off.) This makes assembling my first quarter goal list pretty straight forward--I just have to cut and paste from previous lists.

Number 1 was on my 2014 fourth quarter list (and in the interests of full disclosure, the fourth quarter 2013 list as well).  It's the beautiful Oh My Stars! designed by Sheila at Thought and Found. I'm determined that I will finish this.

Number 2, that I'm calling my Snow Geese quilt was also on last quarter's list.  I haven't touched it either.



And, for number 3, there are the cushion covers of shame, also a carry forward.


Number 4 is a carry forward from 2013, that I've been working on slowly but steadily.  It's about twice the size that it was the last time I listed it as a goal, and I think that there's a good chance that I'll be able to finish this one in the next couple of months. 


I do have a couple of new projects, though.

Elyse's bathing suit has succumbed to chlorine and she needs a new one, but  mid-winter isn't a good time to buy child's swimwear in Canada.  Ergo, I'm making her one.  I've never done this before.  The knit fabric is very stretchy, it has a knit lining, the pieces are small, and she wants me to make changes to the pattern.  It's challenging.  I think that the trick here will be to keep saying I think I can, I think I can...and to focus on the fact that she really needs it.


And, since it is still winter, I'd really like to finish this Ramona cowl in time to wear it this season.  I've finished one full repeat, and there are only nine more to go.  Yes, it's inside out.  That's how I knit stranded colour work.


There are many other projects that need to be finished up (not to mention the new ones I'll start-Kid's Clothes Week is coming up soon), but since I've clearly placed myself in the wishful thinking category already, I'll leave it at that.

Linking up to Adrianne, our new taskmaster for 2015.  Welcome, Adrianne, and thank you for taking this on.


2015 FAL at On the Windy Side


No comments:

Post a Comment