Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Quarter 2 Finish Along

I've decided that I'm going to look on the bright side and be extremely pleased that I completed one-third of the projects that I'd planned to finish in the last quarter rather than disappointed that I didn't manage to complete the other two-thirds. The posting where I made the rash promise to complete three quilts is here.

The big finish was my Stained Quilt that I made--and completed!--as part of Sarah's Stained Pink Quilt Along.  And, not only did I finish it, but I finished it in mid May, so it wasn't even a last minute finish.  I'll only post one picture here, since I went a bit overboard in my Finish! posting

Progress on the 40+-year old dresden is steady, but slow.  I should probably have used perle cotton. It would have been faster, but I'm really liking the variegated Aurafil 28.

And my Mystery Quilt has taken a sideways shift.  Sheila encouraged us to substitute blocks to make the quilt our own.  And she also introduced me to foundation piecing and it turns out that I love it.  I've decided to replace the huge pieced block with a huge foundation-pieced one.  And, even though I already finished the 18-inch one, it's possible that I may replace it with another foundation-pieced block.  I don't know where this is going to take me, but I'm enjoying the trip.

So, one down, two to go.  Maybe next quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment